Monday, February 7, 2011

Posters and Media

Friends,

I spent the day putting up posters in southern Madison County--Morrisville, Hamilton, Earlville and northern county Chenango County--Sherburne, Norwich.

In the afternoon I was interviewed by Brian Golden of the Chenango Evening Sun at Spirit House. He said that we should be featured either Wednesday, Friday of this week. Afterwards I spent several hours meditating in the woods. The snow was thick and I need my snow shoes.

Brian pointed out an excerpt on the plaque in front of the house: "From 1870 to 1880 there were more Spiritualist conversions in New York than any other state and Spirit House was its center."

I may have read it back when I first discovered Spirit House, but don't remember. It certainly speaks to the power of place.
madis

No comments:

Post a Comment